Polygraph instrument and accessories
Different components of the polygraph | Lie detector parts
There are a few polygraph instrument manufacturers in the market and most of them are US based. B.E.A.R. FORENSICS uses a variety of polygraph instruments from different producers to ensure that we are technically savvy to address our client’s needs. All instruments have proven to be reliable and we have had the opportunity to test the provider’s technical support.
B.E.A.R. FORENSICS uses a polygraph instrument that has been developed in-house to cater to our very specific needs. P.O.L.A.R. POLYGRAPH is a 6 Channel, state of the art digital polygraph instrument with a proprietary software program B.E.A.R. Polysoft.
We will explain the main parts of a modern polygraph. Polygraph manufacturers might change but the accessories and results will basically be the same.
Components of a modern polygraph instrument
A modern polygraph instrument typically consists of :
- Data Acquisition System (DAS) which is the system that acquires the data from the accessories and translates it into analyzable information. This data can then be read and interpreted by a computer and Polygraph Examiner
- Pneumographs which record respiratory activity
- Blood Pressure Cuff which records cardiovascular activity
- Galvanometers which record sweat gland activity
- Other accessories can be used to improve readings like for example – Activity Sensor, Plethysmograph
A modern polygraph instrument saves information in a digital format contrary to the analog instruments that used to print the readings on moving paper.
Polygraph producers have their own proprietary software which comes with the polygraph instrument. The physiological collection algorithms do pretty much the same thing and there are not many differences among polygraph instrument brands.
To know more about the proprietary software B.E.A.R. FORENSICS uses please visit the webpage of P.O.L.A.R. POLYGRAPH and check out B.E.A.R. POLYSOFT polygraph software.
For more information on polygraph instruments, please contact B.E.A.R. FORENSICS.